My cousin Al sent me a link to an article about why writing is of psychological benefit. The article is by Gregory Ciotti and you can find it on his website Sparring Mind. Ciotti has come up with a list of reasons why writing is of benefit to people. Each is backed with a link to research. Here’s some of them.
1) Writing leads to better thinking and communication-writing helps people convey complex ideas more clearly
2) Writing increases gratitude- Writing about the good things in your life makes you happier and more thankful.
3) Writing exercises your mental sharpness- Writing helps keep your brain in shape even as you age
4) Writing provides an outlet for handling hard times- writing about difficult experiences is a good way to come to terms with them
5) Writing leads to better learning- information stays with us longer when we write about it
6) Writing helps you make an impact- you can influence others when you share your writing
My cousin Al said he just wanted me to know that because I’m a writer I am the beneficiary of all these good things. Thanks Al!