2. Tulum was occupied by a little over a thousand people from 1200-to the mid 1500’s.
4. Tulum was a trading seaport- a hub for the obsidian trade. Salt and textiles were imported and feathers and copper exported.
6. Tulum was one of the last cities built and inhabited by the Mayans.
8.Tulum was conquered by the Spanish and the citizens died from diseases the Europeans introduced.
9. Two British explorers John Stephens and Frederick Catherwood first wrote about Tulum in 1843 in their book Incidents of Travel in Yucatan.
10. Tulum is one of the most visited tourist spots in Mexico.
Other posts about Mexico……..